RE: Export data from 10g into 9i

From: Chitale, Hemant K <Hemant-K.Chitale_at_sc.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 02:06:06 +0000

  1. You have to use the 9i exp executable
  2. Copying the single executable file is not sufficient, it needs to be running from a 9i ORACLE_HOME
  3. You could either install a 9i ORACLE_HOME on the 10g server or use the 9i ORACLE_HOME on the 9i server
  4. Running exp from a 9i ORACLE_HOME (whether on the 10g server or on the 9i server), you must make a SQLNet (tnsnames.ora) connection to the 10g database
  5. If you are not allowed network connectivity between the two servers, you have to make a 9i ORACLE_HOME on the 10g server. (How will you copy the export dump out of the server ?)
  6. Don’t set NLS_LANG on the 9i client but let it use the 10g server NLS_LANG settings to create the correct export dump (you should not have manually changed NLS_LANG on the server)

Hemant K Chitale

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jimmy Brock Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 4:17 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Export data from 10g into 9i

Target: Oracle 9i Release 2 (Production server) Source: Oracle 10g Release 2 (Stage server)

On 10g I used EXP to export data. When importing into 9i I get an error: IMP-00010: not a valid export file, header failed verification IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully

So i used SCP to copy the Oracle 9i EXP tool over to the 10g server. Now I encountered this error: EXP-00056: ORACLE error 12705 encountered ORA-12705: Cannot access NLS data files or invalid environment specified

At this point I logged into the Oracle 9i and did a small export to see what the NLS setttings were: Export done in US7ASCII character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set server uses WE8ISO8859P1 character set (possible charset conversion)

So on the 10g server I modified the NLS_LANG setting: export NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.US7ASCII

Now I get this error:
EXP-00056: ORACLE error 3106 encountered ORA-03106: fatal two-task communication protocol error

The oerr utility doesn't provide much insight: ora92 >oerr ora 3106
03106, 00000, "fatal two-task communication protocol error" // *Cause:
// *Action:

I need this to run on 10g (source) database. Because 9i (production) cannot connect to 10g. It is a production system so they have it locked down.

--

Jimmy Brock

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the sender immediately. You may wish to refer to the incorporation details of Standard Chartered PLC, Standard Chartered Bank and their subsidiaries at https://www.sc.com/en/incorporation-details.html
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jan 27 2016 - 03:06:06 CET

Original text of this message