Re: Oracle environment privileges

From: De DBA <dedba_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 09:44:08 +1000

In my opinion it is important to have privileges in test reflect production/QA as well. In development often developers have elevated privileges, which may lead to the use of objects in code that cannot be accessed in the production environment. This is especially the case if developers can use XE environments on their own workstations.

I have had several moments in the past where code was fully tested and failed in production because the test user was granted near-DBA privileges and the use of dynamic views and privileged packages was not noted. It is not pretty when the DB nazi (me) has to reject a piece of code on go-live day...

Cheers,
Tony