RE: Oracle environment privileges

From: Beckstrom Jeffrey <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 15:07:24 -0500

We have a job that creates a script to redo the privileges in non-production before cloning. After the clone, we run the script that was created before the clone.

>>> "Powell, Mark" <mark.powell2_at_hpe.com> 1/21/16 2:53 PM >>>
I would prefer the same ownership and roles exist in all environments so the same grants that are required in production have to be issued in development. This helps ensure all necessary grants are part of the production move.

In development the developers could have access to the owning users but I would require funning promotion from development to test through a limited number of people. Depending on the size of the shop and how many DBA's there are this may include someone from the development staff.

For QA and production all object changes should have to go through the DBA.

Just MHO.