ORA-01483 + ORA-03106 + SQL*Net more data from client

From: Chris Stephens <cstephens16_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 13:52:12 -0600

We have a process loading data into an 11.2.0.4 database running on X5-2 via an Oracle application called DRM that consistently fails with ORA-03106. I was showed a demo and an ORA-01483 accompanied the ORA-03106 though I've been told that isn't always present.

I ran snapper during the demo and the session of concern was waiting on "SQL*Net more data from client" for the vast majority of the time.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? We are thinking it is a networking issue but unsure how to troubleshoot.

Thanks for any help.

Chris