Re: OEM Cloud Control 13c vs 12c?

From: Tim Hall <tim_at_oracle-base.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 07:34:43 +0000

Hi.

We've been running EM12c on Oracle Linux 6 in a VM (VMware) since the early 12c releases. It works fine. I've recently done fresh installations and upgrade tests of our production system on a VMware VM again. All worked fine. I did not have any of the problems mentioned previously, so either they got unlucky, or I got lucky. :)

It sounds like this is your first time using Cloud Control in the company. Personally, I would got with 13c in that case. There doesn't seem much point going for the old product, which you will soon have to upgrade. If you hit any snags, you can always change direction.

Added to that, EM12c uses quite an old software stack (Java 1.6 and WebLogic 10.3.6). If you got on to 13c you will have less hassle with our auditors. :)

Cheers

Tim...