Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Shell Script passwords

From: Andy Klock <andy_at_oracledepot.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 14:55:41 -0500

Agreed. Wallets are the way to go since they are accessible directly with Oracle utilities (i.e. sqlplus,datapump, sqlldr,etc) and no extra licensing needed. A non-oracle way most likely would just introduce security holes. Wallets are awesome. If you are typing passwords you are doing it wrong :)

Andy K

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/license.112/e47877.pdf