Re: Subject: Re: upgrade OL6 tot OL7 within Cluster

From: Dave Morgan <oracle_at_1001111.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 10:44:56 -0700

Well, I don't have any clients that have $250K - $2M to buy a new cluster for an OS upgrade.

I have enough trouble trying to get them to spend that amount for a production hardware refresh.

Fedora is not Redhat EL/Centos. EL/Centos in place upgrades have been reliable since 5 (ie upgrade from 5 to 6.

Customizations on a production db server? Frill your boots but not in my shop.

We were doing in place OS upgrades on IBM AIX back in 1999. I know others were doing it before us.

YMMV
Dave

--

Dave Morgan
Senior Consultant, 1001111 Alberta Limited dave.morgan_at_1001111.com

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Dec 18 2015 - 18:44:56 CET

Original text of this message