Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: time stamps with Data Guard

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 08:15:13 -0600

If you set the time zone of the standby server at the os level to match the time zone of the primary server at the os level, then there wont be a problem. Also, check the exact data type you are storing. If you are storing time stamp with time zone, you dont have a problem to begin with.

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 7:15 AM, Terrian, Thomas J DLA CTR INFORMATION OPERATIONS <Tom.Terrian.ctr_at_dla.mil> wrote:

> So, if I change the time zone of the standby, then (when we switchover) if
> we look at sysdate if won't be the same as the O/S time? Oracle will
> convert it over to whichever time zone I set it to?

Andrew W. Kerber