Re: upgrade OL6 tot OL7 within Cluster

From: Tim Hall <tim_at_oracle-base.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 08:54:01 +0000

Question: Why are you bothering to upgrade to OL7 at this point?

I wrote about the OL6 vs OL7 question here:

https://oracle-base.com/blog/2015/11/10/which-version-of-oracle-linux-should-i-pick-for-oracle-server-product-installations/

Based on the feedback from Wim, we are still putting new systems out on OL6 and have no immediate plans to change. When we do start making the switch, it will probably be in line with hardware refreshes for physical and major software refreshes (Oracle & WebLogic version changes) for virtual. I see nothing but downsides to an OS upgrade from OL6 to OL7 at this point.

Of course, I don't know your motivations, so my opinion is heavily based on my situation and as such, I could be talking shite. :)

Cheers

Tim...