Re: upgrade OL6 tot OL7 within Cluster

From: Ludovico Caldara <ludovico.caldara_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 09:49:14 +0100

Hi,
Are you running Oracle on a GI Cluster? If yes, and you cannot afford to buy new hardware, it would be better to delete a node from the cluster, reinstall it with the new release, add it back to the cluster, then repeat the task for the remaining nodes. With this upgrade path you can easily migrate from an OS level (and/or Linux flavor) to another one without downtime.

From a cluster point of view, you need to disable the new OL7 naming for the interfaces, this because the interface name for the private interconnect must match among all the cluster nodes. oifcfg setif for the private interconnect needs you to reboot the cluster, so keep it in mind if you want to use the new naming.

Off course, you must comply with the certification matrix -> OL7 is certified with 12.1.0.2.

You can find more information about hybrid OS cluster and changing public interfaces here:
http://www.ludovicocaldara.net/dba/rac-suse-to-rhel/ http://www.ludovicocaldara.net/dba/convert-interconnect-to-haip/

If you need further help feel free to DM me ;-)

Cheers

--
Ludo