Re: upgrade OL6 tot OL7 within Cluster

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 04:45:17 +0000

I was just reading about this a couple of days ago. Upgrade from OL6 to OL7 without reinstall is very limited. O/S had to have been installed with Minimum configuration, no Oracle stack can be installed, etc.

My guess is that relink should fix any issues with Oracle dB binaries, but from a supportability point of view, you would not be in compliance.

You're probably better off building a new cluster and migrating to it.

Hope that helps,

-Mark