RE: In 12.1.0.2 ADS due to SPD will be always at level 11

From: Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 14:49:24 +0000

Hi Yasser

> I read at many places that in version 12.1.0.2 Adaptive Dynamic Sampling
> done due to Sql Plan Directive will be always at level 11, but
> dbms_xplan.display_cursor doesn't refelct this truth.

This is because the information provided by dbms_xplan is wrong. Actually, the content of v$sql_plan.other_xml is wrong. The problem is that other_xml provides the level that was set during the parse and not the level that was actually used by the query optimizer.

HTH
Chris Antognini

Troubleshooting Oracle Performance, Apress 2008/2014 http://top.antognini.ch