Re: extra cost options and DBA_FEATURE_USAGE_STATISTICS

From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 11:48:02 +0100

If you need to know what checks are (not) used to populate - you can identify every single check by
select name,

       decode(INST_CHK_Method, 1, 'NO', 2, 'Object', 4,'Test', 'Unknown') INST_Check,

       decode(USG_DET_METHOD, 1, 'SQL', 2, 'PROCEDURE', 4,'Test', 'Unknown') USG_DET_METHOD,

       USG_DET_LOGIC
from sys.wri$_dbu_feature_metadata where upper(name) like upper('%&1%');

and if USG_DET_METHOD is PROCEDURE, read the procedure named in USG_DET_LOGIC.

you can run this procedure with a simple anonymous block like this (just change the procedure to anything you are interested): set serveroutput on

declare

    feature number;

    aux       number;
    info      clob := empty_clob();

begin
  sys.dbms_feature_goldengate(
    feature, aux, info
  );

    dbms_output.put_line(' Feature: ' || feature);
    dbms_output.put_line(' Aux:     ' || aux);
    dbms_output.put_line(' Info:    ' || info);

end;
/

I've done a presentation on those topics at DOAG2015 - http://www.slideshare.net/berxx/473721-dba-featureusagestatistics

but as always the disclaimer: that research is only about some objects in the DB, NOT an Oracle Audit.

Martin