Listener Transparent Encryption Questions

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 11:09:44 -0600

Questions:
  1. If I turn on encryption at the listener, I think all clients have to have the encryption parameters also set in their sqlnet.ora files. Is that correct?
  2. If #1 is true, then do we have to encrypt all listeners and clients at the same time? For example, I want to test the listener encryption on a development database, but any clients that connect would need to have a modified sqlnet.ora file to communicate with this development database. However, those clients would then not be able to connect to non-encrypted listeners on other database servers (again, assuming #1 is true).

Am I thinking about this correctly, or am I missing something?

Chris