RE: Question on Stats for Indexes Created in Parallel

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 18:56:29 +0100 (CET)

Hi Scott,

> DB Version 11.2.0.4 - NDV is wrong when index is built in parallel, correct when built serially. Stale_stats is set to NO (this is not what I saw in
> my earlier tests, maybe a user error.....)

I am pretty sure that the STALE_STATS effect is related to what i described previously (view definition). Just check the LAST_ANALYZED column of the table statistics. I assume that the statistics (for the table) were gathered in the default Oracle maintenance window.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK