Install & configure Grid Infrastructure /ASM

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 09:33:50 -0700

Oracle EE, versions 11.2.0.4 and 12.1.0.2

I am testing and documenting the installation of 11.2.0.4 Grid Infrastructure / ASM and then upgrading it to 12.1.0.2. Another DBA on the team gave me instructions he used last year to upgrade from 11.2.0.2 to 11.2.0.4 as a starting point. I've had to make several changes for the 12c upgrade, which I expected.

Question 1: His document says the grid home directory must be created by the root user and the group changed to dba (they don't use oinstall here) and the permissions should be 775. Is this correct? I'm new to Grid/ASM so I'm not sure.

Question 2: Assuming the directory should be owned by root, why would that be the case rather than owned by the oracle user?

I appreciate any direction you can provide me.

--

Sandy B.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Nov 23 2015 - 17:33:50 CET