"ORA-00270: error creating archive log" on Standby Database

From: kathryn axelrod <kat.axe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 17:16:03 -0800

without seeing alert logs -
1. i think unsetting max_connections would be worth a try. note 2042222.1 refers to restarting the primary, but i don't think that would be needed.. I've also had success with manually setting the log_archive_dest_state to reset when having log issues that a normal standby restart won't fix. So maybe try..
-stop recovery
-standby shutdown
-remove (or change to =1) max_connections from primary's log_archive_dest
for the standby
-change primary's log_archive_dest_state for the standby destination to 'reset'
-standby start
-recovery started
-change log_archive_dest_state_n back to 'enable'

2. when it reports the ora-00270, does it also say which log it's having issues creating? and does that log already exist/has it been applied?