RE: "ORA-00270: error creating archive log" on Standby Database

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 08:28:45 -0500

Also check permissions; is it possible someone restarted the stack manually as the wrong user?

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Mladen Gogala Sent: Friday, November 20, 2015 9:29 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: "ORA-00270: error creating archive log" on Standby Database

On 11/19/2015 02:37 PM, Ramnivas Chaurasia wrote:

Hi,

We have been receiving the below error on our standby database continuously since last 4-5 days.

ORA-00270: error creating archive log
ORA-17611: ksfd: file '31' cannot be accessed, global open closed

There is no FRA space issue on Primary as well as Standby Database. No abnormal shutdown on Standby Instance. Redo logs are still being applied on Standby.

Please let me know if anyone has faced similar issue or have come across solution. We have raised SR with Oracle on same, but have not progressed much.

DB Version: EE 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production on AIX

Thanks!

Ramniwas

ORA-00270: error creating archive log %s
*Cause: An error was encountered when either creating or opening

          the destination file for archiving.
*Action: Check that the archive destination is valid and that there

          is sufficient space on the destination device.

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA