Re: "ORA-00270: error creating archive log" on Standby Database

From: Ramnivas Chaurasia <ramnivaschaurasia_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 08:41:19 +0530

There is no FRA space issue:

SQL>
SQL> select name, value from v$parameter where name='log_archive_dest_1';

NAME                 VALUE
--------------------
log_archive_dest_1 LOCATION=USE_DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST VALID_FOR=(ALL_LOGFILES,ALL_ROLES) DB_UNIQUE_NAME=*removed*

SQL> show parameter db_rec

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
------------------------------------ -----------
------------------------------
db_recovery_file_dest                string      +FLASH
db_recovery_file_dest_size           big integer 5000G
db_recycle_cache_size                big integer 0

SQL> select name, total_mb, free_mb,USABLE_FILE_MB from v$asm_diskgroup;

NAME                   TOTAL_MB    FREE_MB USABLE_FILE_MB
-------------------- ---------- ---------- --------------
DATA                    5867232    2467928        2467928
FLASH                   5867232    4680831        4680831
SSD                      373502     296541         296541

SQL> select * from v$flash_recovery_area_usage;

FILE_TYPE PERCENT_SPACE_USED PERCENT_SPACE_RECLAIMABLE NUMBER_OF_FILES

-------------------- ------------------ -------------------------
---------------
CONTROL FILE                          0                         0
    0
REDO LOG                              0                         0
    0
ARCHIVED LOG                      22.79                         0
  482
BACKUP PIECE                          0                         0
    1
IMAGE COPY                            0                         0
    0
FLASHBACK LOG                         0                         0
    0
FOREIGN ARCHIVED LOG                  0                         0

    0

We had issue with the standby redo Logfiles as the given path didn't exist. We dropped them and re-created with proper path.

But the error message still keeps appearing along with below in alert.log.

WARNING: A file of type ARCHIVED LOG may exist in db_recovery_file_dest that is not known to the database. Use the RMAN command CATALOG RECOVERY AREA to re-catalog any such files. If files cannot be cataloged, then manually delete them using OS command. This is most likely the result of a crash during file creation.

I already checked and there is no file not known to the database. Any idea?

Thanks!
Ramniwas