RE: High IOPS direct small writes?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 19:32:08 +0000

Unless I've misunderstood your question you could just use insert/append differently:

begin

        for i in 1..10000 loop
                insert /*+ append */ into t1 select 1 from dual;
                commit;
        end loop;

end;
/

That's 10,000 single block direct path writes - requiring 10,000 blocks allocated.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com
_at_jloracle

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] on behalf of Rich [richa03_at_gmail.com] Sent: 19 November 2015 19:27
To: Oracle-L Freelists
Subject: High IOPS direct small writes?

Hi All,
This is 11.2.0.3 on AIX.

I know how to create direct IO load with insert+append, however, I'd like to know how I can create high IOPS, direct small writes through the Oracle code - preferably using SQL*Plus. I'd also prefer the target be a "normal object" (like a table or index; not redo logs, LOB nor temp).

Any ideas?

TIA,
Rich