RE: rman

From: Chitale, Hemant K <Hemant-K.Chitale_at_sc.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 06:31:47 +0000

If you run a backup once a month, the automatic RESYNC would also be once a month.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean of "3 days worth of rman catalog retention". Is it about purging information (about backups) from the RC_% tables ? OR is it that the media library does not hold information about backups of the catalog itself for more than 3 days ?

I presume that you HAVE changed the RETENTION POLICY in RMAN to more than 30 days (at least 32 days). If so, then your catalog would have information about database backups.

Hemant K Chitale

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Zelli, Brian Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 3:47 AM To: oracle-l (oracle-l_at_freelists.org) Subject: rman

So I need to change my rman backups to once a month for our training system. I was keeping 3 days' worth of rman catalog retention because we had been backing it up every day. Do I now have to change the retention to 30 days? I know it sounds like a dumb question but it is more of a sanity check than anything else......

Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the sender immediately. You may wish to refer to the incorporation details of Standard Chartered PLC, Standard Chartered Bank and their subsidiaries at https://www.sc.com/en/incorporation-details.html