Re: Solved: Exacheck reports "FAIL Storage Server Check Exadata Smart Flash Cache should be actually used"

From: Yong Huang <"Yong>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 16:50:23 +0000 (UTC)

Svetoslav,

Thank you! I checked our datafiles. They are all in the DATA diskgroup:

SQL> select name from v$asm_diskgroup;

NAME

DATA
DBFS_DG
RECO SQL> archive log list
Database log mode              Archive Mode
Automatic archival             Enabled
Archive destination            +RECO

SQL> select distinct substr(name,1,20) from v$datafile;

SUBSTR(NAME,1,20)

+DATA/exacp2/datafil

It's possible that at some point in time, we temporarily created a datafile in the RECO disk group. But I don't think that could have caused our problem. There may be other cases where the default caching policy is 'none' instead of 'default'. But thanks for pointing out this Oracle note.

Yong Huang