Re: Low level tracing of a session during soft parse

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_tanelpoder.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 12:33:35 -0600

There's a tracing event CURSORTRACE in Oracle since 10g - you can enable the "cursor lookup & sharing" tracing for a specific hash value:

alter system set events 'immediate trace name cursortrace level 577, address hash_value';

But there used to be some problems/bugs with disabling this once enabled, so read this note (search for cursortrace) before proceeding:

*Troubleshooting: High Version Count Issues (Doc ID 296377.1)*

--
Tanel
http://blog.tanelpoder.com