Re: database services not getting registered on node listener

From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 19:35:50 -0600

here's a few things to check (and maybe post back to the list).

on EACH node:

- SQL> show parameter LOCAL_LISTENER
- SQL> show parameter REMOTE_LISTENER
- double-check that TNS_ADMIN is not set to something non-standard
- contents of ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora -- all entries
matching <LOCAL/REMOTE LISTENER>

keep in mind that the LOCAL_LISTENER parameter should be different on each node; it should always point to the "local" listener for that node.

if you figure out what it is, let us know - might help someone in the future. :)

-J

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider