RE: Unable to import (imp) from 11g to 9i please help

From: Chitale, Hemant K <Hemant-K.Chitale_at_sc.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 06:06:15 +0000

To export from 11g into 9i, you should be using the 9i exp utility connected to the 11g database over SQL*Net. I hope that you did so.

It’s not clear if you HAVE applied a patchset to upgrade your 9.2.0.6 database to 9.2.0.8 catpatch.sql in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin is normally updated after you have installed the patchset. Did you install the 9.2.0.8 patchset ?

It’s not clear WHY you needed to install the 9.2.0.8 patchset in the first place.

HPUX intercepts the “_at_” character when on the OS command-line. This should work from the SQLPLUS command-line.

Hemant K Chitale

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of nilesh kumar Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 1:36 PM
To: oracle-l-admins_at_freelists.org; ORACLE-L Cc: Sunil P
Subject: Unable to import (imp) from 11g to 9i please help

Hello Guru's,

Hope Everyone is good!!

We have an issue in the imp job.

OS version is : HP-UX cnshda01 B.11.23 U ia64 3900573884 unlimited-user license Database version : Oracle 9i ( 9.2.0.6.0)

we have traditional exp dump taken from 11g version of database and we are trying to import on 9i version DB we are geting the below error.

IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 3113:
"BEGIN SYS.DBMS_AQ_IMPORT_INTERNAL.AQ_TABLE_DEFN_UPDATE('SYSTEM','DEF$_AQC"
"ALL',2,0,2,0,0,''); END;"

IMP-00003: ORACLE error 3113 encountered
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
IMP-00003: ORACLE error 3114 encountered
ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

we searched the below doc id in metalink ORA-3113 Importing or Dropping Advanced Queue Objects After Applied a Patchset (Doc ID 308931.1) and the steps are like

9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.8.0
shutdown immediate
startup migrate
$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catpatch.sql
shutdown immediate
startup
$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utlrp.sql
startup

we followed the above steps but we are getting the below error.

SQL>_at_catpatch.sql
SP2-0103: Nothing in SQL buffer to run.
SQL> _at_catpatch.sql
SP2-0734: unknown command beginning "catpatch.s..." - rest of line ignored. SQL> If any one have faced similar issues earlier please help. Any help will be highly appreciated!!

--
Thanks & Regards
Nilesh

"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."--Einstein
"All men die, few men ever truly live" -- Braveheart
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." --Dr. Seuss
"Know me for what I do and for not what I am. Judge me for what I can do and not for what I have done."-Unknown
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."- Albert Camus
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Unknown
This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the sender immediately. You may wish to refer to the incorporation details of Standard Chartered PLC, Standard Chartered Bank and their subsidiaries at https://www.sc.com/en/incorporation-details.html -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l