RE: gather stats

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 19:43:38 +0100 (CET)

Hi Amir,
unfortunately i currently have not the time to reply to the initial question, but adaptive plans do only solve two particular areas at least with Oracle 12.1: Join methods and PX distribution methods. The adaption also takes place at first execution only (the statistics collector becomes a pass-through operation afterwards).

Histograms can still be a issue in case of adaptive plans / adaptive statistics as they do not apply every time / in every scenario.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK