RE: ORAchk recommendations are wrong/invalid

From: CRISLER, JON A <JC1706_at_att.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 19:56:28 +0000

So after you changed the PERL5LIB most of the errors went away ? That is actually good to know. I have put in a few enhancement requests a while back for this tool, only one of which got into the system after about 18 months.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Rich J Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 5:14 PM To: Oracle L
Subject: Re: ORAchk recommendations are wrong/invalid

On 2015/10/20 15:26, I wrote:

So, I thought I'd give ORAchk a try again. I downloaded v12.1.0.2.4, unzipped it, and ran it wide open on my EM12c (12.1.0.3.0) repository DB, which is 11.2.0.3 on 64-bit OL5. It came back with several fails and warnings that got my attention. Some of them that I've checked:

Well, I just needed to post to Oracle-L to figure out most of it. Under the oracle software owner's account, I use the Oracle-supplied perl distribution, which is 5.10.0 under 11.2.0.3. So I set PERL5LIB to the perl libs in the Oracle software tree. ORAchk uses perl, and it uses the system-installed version, which is 5.8.8. The libs didn't match the bins, so some perl errors were thrown. They weren't logged AFAIK, so I didn't see them in the first run. Not sure why this would have spawned all of the invalid advice however.

Now I just need to figure out why ORAchk doesn't recognize that the local EM12c Agent Home was moved...

Rich