ORAchk recommendations are wrong/invalid

From: Rich J <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 15:26:47 -0500

Hey all,

So, I thought I'd give ORAchk a try again. I downloaded v12.1.0.2.4, unzipped it, and ran it wide open on my EM12c (12.1.0.3.0) repository DB, which is 11.2.0.3 on 64-bit OL5. It came back with several fails and warnings that got my attention. Some of them that I've checked:

DATABASE SERVER Consider increasing the PGA size
Consider setting the database parameter OPTIMIZER_FEATURES_ENABLE to the current database version
Controlfile is NOT multiplexed
Invalid Java Objects were found in the database.

ENTERPRISE MANAGER The aq_tm_processes initialization parameter has been set to the wrong value.
The job_queue_processes initialization parameter has not been set to the required value.
12c Cloud Control Agent is installed but not running.

There are probably others, but I stopped checking here. All of the above findings are incorrect, according to the "details" section and my own investigation. I have 3 controlfiles and are updating fine with no errors anywhere to be found. Same with the other easy pass/fail init parameter checks. The others, like the PGA size warning, I checked and found no issue.

I'm hoping I did something seriously wrong here, because some of these failed checks should be brutally simple to get right in 100% of the DBs ORAchk's run against, even if the result is "error checking spfile parameter".

Thoughts?

Rich