Re: Database perfortmance degraded drastically after upgrading the database from Oracle 102.0.4 to Oracle 11.2.0.3

From: Harinderpal Singh <harinderpsingh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 19:56:03 +0000

Ashoke,

Did you check what your top most wait events have been after the upgrade? Direct path read behavior has changed drastically in 11.2, we were back to normal BAU performance after setting optimizer_features_enable to 10g.

Why didn't you upgrade your DB to the latest 11g patchset 11.2.0.4, it has all the bug fixes for 11.2?

Thanks,
Harinder Singh