Re: WARNING: aiowait timed out 1 times

From: John Thomas <jt2354_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 18:34:06 +0000

Think they mean the asynchronous I/O driver is timing out. Probably timing out waiting on a write-complete signal from your storage. Do you have performance degradation, very busy storage or maybe hot blocks?

If you don't they're just a warning I guess. You could try doing some dbv verification of your datafiles, but if you had corruption because of failed writes, you'd be seeing some much more disturbing messages in the alert log. Probably not much to worry about.

Good luck,

JT