Re: Formula for number of DB Listeners on server

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 09:25:11 -0600

Q: Why isn't the hosting team and vendor proposing a VM cluster to run VMs on a template of one database instance and listener per VM instead?
  1. Because then you wouldn't need as much hardware, and it would be too easy to manage, and it would be more highly available, all of which results in lower M2V (a.k.a. money to vendor) and M2H (a.k.a. money to host).