Edition Based Redefinition with Peoplesoft 8.x / 9.x in 11.2

From: Chitale, Hemant K <Hemant-K.Chitale_at_sc.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 02:27:03 +0000

I understand that EBusinessSuite (EBS) was a primary driver for Edition Based Redefinition (EBR).
(Referencing Bryn Llewellyn's comment at https://connormcdonald.wordpress.com/2015/04/03/edition-based-redefinition-an-apology/ )

However, I am looking for references / experiences using EBR with Peoplesoft applications. Peoplesoft doesn't use Triggers and Stored PLSQL to the extent that EBS does.
(Peoplesoft is "database agnostic").

SQL definitions are stored in a number of tables and, at runtime, the SQL definitions are read and submitted for execution.

How could we use EBR for a scenario where we need to change Peoplesoft code "on-the-fly" --- i.e. have two different "versions" of the code co-existing. The "current" version running batches and application till the "new" version is completely migrated into Peoplesoft. Obviously, both "versions" are simply rows in different tables. So, we'd have to have a way to specify "active" row and "not-yet-active" row in a way that is transparent to Peoplesoft.

Similarly, there may be "new" active tables and "new" columns (possibly could be handled to by editioning views). But do we need to add "hooks" into Peoplesoft to handle this.

I've never worked with EBR but have only downloaded Bryn Llewellyn's presentation (2011 OOW ?)

Hemant K Chitale

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the sender immediately. You may wish to refer to the incorporation details of Standard Chartered PLC, Standard Chartered Bank and their subsidiaries at https://www.sc.com/en/incorporation-details.html