Re: DRWR

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 09:50:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hi guys,
just in addition to Moiz reply and as Michael is also using ZFS.

> Oracle asked us to get this percentage lower, so system admin added disks, as soon as the percentage was lower than 80%, log file sync issue
> resolved.

This is caused by ZFS fragmentation and the used copy-on-write approach. The whole behavior is also described in this paper in more detail - sorry that it is in german, but you can still interpret the graphs: https://www.yumpu.com/de/document/view/15431428/was-sie-von-oracle-uber-zfs-nicht-horen-werden-de-trivadis

We also discussed the ZFS stuff on OTN some time ago: https://community.oracle.com/thread/2604168

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de