Re: restore archivelog all validate; gives RMAN-06025

From: De DBA <dedba_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2015 09:55:30 +1000

First thing that strikes me is that you configure a recovery period of 7 days, then backup and delete obsolete, then hope to restore archived logs from 14 days back. RMAN retains only as many backups as necessary to restore the *database* to up to 7 days ago, and in your script you create a new level 0 backup. The backups of more than 14 days ago will have been deleted, as you run this weekly, so the oldest archived logs in a 14 * 24 hour period could be gone - it looks a bit like a race condition really.

configure retention policy to recovery window of *7 days*;

*backup* as compressed backupset incremental *level 0* cumulative tag 'L0'database

plus archivelog delete all input;

delete noprompt *obsolete*;

...*
restore archivelog from time 'SYSDATE-14' validate;

*

Did you try to restore archived logs of less than 14 days ago, e.g. 13.5?

Cheers,
Tony