Re: database using more memory than allocated

From: Tom Dale <tom.dale_at_fivium.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 14:25:09 +0100

Hi Jeff,

I think you will more likely find its a bug, if you compare oracle counters eg v$pgastat and OS view eg top and pmap -x, they may not match up

I had something similar before, A REGEXP_REPLACE and REGEXP_SUBSTR that would leak memory until the host hung

https://community.oracle.com/thread/2465164?start=0&tstart=0

Tom