Re: database using more memory than allocated

From: Jeff Chirco <backseatdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 18:13:41 -0700

A couple of other things. In the morning before all this we had the database server hung up, we couldn't get into it to see what was going on. And we have no information to what could have been the problem. Maybe memory but there is no data to support that.

When I look at dba_hist_active_sess_history right before I rebooted the database I see these wait events.
library cache load lock
db file sequential read
Disk file operations I/O
wait for EMON to spawn