RE: Commit

From: Kenneth Naim <kennethnaim_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 13:36:06 -0400

Yes that is what it is telling you. Over committing is a common cause of performance issues in my experience. I use this metric frequently to correlate the theoretical workload to the actual workload and see if it makes sense especially for long running batch processing.

select * from v$sysstat where statistic#=6 will show you the number of user commits sys the db started up last so take it twice over a period of time and check the difference in value.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Michael Calisi Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2015 11:14 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Commit

Need to confirm the number of times my database commits I have a few metrics but want to be sure they are correct. Asking where can I find how many commits are being done.

Is this telling me we did 22,696 commits during this period?

AWR

Statistic                                           Total     per Second     per Trans
user commits                                 22,696           12.4           0.6