RE: expdp and exp are slowing (iscsi)

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 08:52:00 -0400

have you tried explicitly setting streams_pool_size? google streams_pool_size expdp or check out metalink.

From: rodrigo_at_mufalani.com.br
Subject: expdp and exp are slowing (iscsi) Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 18:42:47 -0300
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Hi Folks,
Our env:Oracle 11.2.0.4 SE (64bits)Windows 2012 (64bits)ISCSI   About one month ago one of our database servers, running on windows 2012 as I said on top, started an issue on logical backups (I tried expdp and exp) both of them are slowing generating dumps after 3 or 4 days after a boot on server. If we bounce only the database and listeners, the performance still poor. When we restart the entire OS, backups are generated with normal time, about 3 hours for a 1TB database, I think it is good.   I’ve traced the backup sessions, a lot time on CPU and no events indicating I/O issues. My SysAdmin ran some storage performance softwares and haven’t issues evidenced. The users are not complaining about performance issues, only the backups, event the RMAN backup still running ok on same device.   Any directions will be appreciated.
All the best,

Rodrigo Mufalani
Database Consultant
+55 XX(21) 3193-0326
rodrigo_at_mufalani.com.br
www.mufalani.com.br

"Stop guessing… Be Sure… Because performance matters"