Re: seconds_in_wait

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 14:43:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Jay,

> I mean that I had waited around 122 seconds. If there was an issue with the SGA time or system time, I would expect the astronomical number I see
> for my log file parallel write wait event.

Ah ok, i just missed the negation in your sentence. However you can not reproduce it at will and it is a sporadic issue. So it is even harder to trace and capture.

> Yes, they are running on VMWare, on different guests.

Can you please check the VTKM trace file (in DIAG directory) for large time drifts then - especially at the time window when you hit this seconds_in_wait issue?

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK