Re: dataguard and operators

From: Michael Cunningham <napacunningham_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 08:47:57 -0700

Howard, I have done this and what I did was create a linux user that the operator could log in as (ie. username=maintuser). The login script brought up a menu that allowed things like backup, switchover, etc. via sudo privilege to run the oracle scripts. My scripts would also email (or page if necessary - like a switchover) the DBA group any time any of these scripts would execute.

My 2 cents is that I don't like holding that stuff so close and prefer others to be able to perform tasks if I'm away from a computer or want a good night sleep. I'm on the side of empowering others to take care of something the company needs in case of an issue.

In our case we don't have the operators login directly with SYSDBA or SYSOPER. we provided scripts and sudo privs.

Michael

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 3:10 AM, Howard Latham <howard.latham_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Oracle 11 Redhat 4E
>
> My boss wants scripts /instructions so 'any fool ' can do a dataguard
> switchover. I think that's hard if not impossible as you can't
> predict what is going to happen How many of you have successfully
> handed this over to an operator? And if you have can I see example
> scripts please?
>
> --
> Howard A. Latham

Michael Cunningham