Re: seconds_in_wait

From: Maris Elsins <elmaris_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 15:52:11 +0300

Hi,

I think you'd also want to pay attention to the STATE column in your query * If it's "WAITING" - only then the waiting is ongoing * If it's "WAITED % TIME" - the waiting has completed and the wait_class and event contains the information about the previous wait event. Also seconds_in_wait
will display time since the wait completed. (These sessions may be inactive or on CPU)

I don't have any idea why you'd see the large values in seconds_in_wait for the LGWR case you described.

---
Maris Elsins
_at_MarisElsins <https://twitter.com/MarisElsins>
www.facebook.com/maris.elsins