Re: SQLT

From: Alvaro Jose Fernandez <alvaro.fernandez_at_sivsa.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 01:37:44 +0000

Hi,

Tried this morning edb360 on a test env., and I'm impressed and grateful to Carlos for this baby. It has a wealth of info unseen in almost any other tool that I know of.

Great tool!

Alvaro

De: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] en nombre de Carlos Sierra [carlos.sierra.usa_at_gmail.com] Enviado: viernes, 11 de septiembre de 2015 22:15 Para: Nabil Jamaleddin
CC: Carlos Sierra; oracle455_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Asunto: Re: SQLT

latest version is faster, but still may take an hour or more. it depends on the state of your data dictionary stats and the amount of history. agree with Nabil, better to run overnight

On Sep 11, 2015, at 1:10 PM, Nabil Jamaleddin <nmjamaleddin_at_multiservice.com<mailto:nmjamaleddin_at_multiservice.com>> wrote:

Michael,

Well worth the wait. You could schedule it to run at night or during some low activity period.

We run them weekly and save them so we can use them to compare.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Michael Calisi Sent: Friday, September 11, 2015 12:34 PM To: Carlos Sierra
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: SQLT

Thank you Carlos, I will also look at edb360, but concern that it request 1G and takes over hour to run.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 4:08 PM, Carlos Sierra <carlos.sierra.usa_at_gmail.com<mailto:carlos.sierra.usa_at_gmail.com>> wrote: Michael,

You can use SQLT XPLAIN method with a dummy SQL like SELECT * FROM DUAL.

But much better, if you just care for an overview of your environment then you may want to try edb360<https://www.enkitec.com/products/edb360>, which is a free tool which installs nothing on your database

Carlos

On Sep 10, 2015, at 1:00 PM, Michael Calisi <oracle455_at_gmail.com<mailto:oracle455_at_gmail.com>> wrote:

I run SQLT when using a SQL_ID and was wondering if SQLT can be used without providing the sql_id. The generate lots of good information about my database, and was wondering if it's only used for with SQL_ID. Thanks,

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete the email.