Re: Embedded PL/SQL

From: Mark Brinsmead <mark.brinsmead_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 11:12:28 -0600

Embedded PL/SQL (or, at least "embedded SQL") can also refer to SQL code embedded in 3GL languages like C and COBOL.

Usually (always. in my own experience) this is done with the PRO*... precompilers (PRO*C, PRO*COBOL, and so on) provided by Oracle. This is a separately licensed product, but they ship with either the database server or the database client software. Sorry, I don't remember which, as its about 12 years since I last installed any of them.