gv$asm_disk_iostat

From: Nabil Jamaleddin <nmjamaleddin_at_multiservice.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 10:57:59 -0500

I guess I don't understand gv$asm_disk_iostat with respect to oracle 11.2.0.4

SELECT failgroup, ROUND(SUM(bytes_written / (1024 * 1024 * 1024))) Write

FROM gv$asm_disk_iostat

GROUP BY failgroup ORDER BY failgroup;

FAILGROUP WRITE DATA1 1865

DATA2 1927

FRA1 1975

FRA2 1912

UTIL1 4

UTIL2 4

Protection is external (data and fra) so the failgroups are not a mirror.

All my datafiles are in data. Redo log files are on fra with a member (mirror) on data. So it seems to me that the writes to data should be from all the datafiles and from the redo logfiles. Writes to fra are only from redo logfiles. So writes to data - writes to fra = datafile writes. But the writes to fra are larger than data.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance...

--

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete the email.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Sep 09 2015 - 17:57:59 CEST

Original text of this message