Re: rman listing old backups

From: Jeff Chirco <backseatdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 08:25:43 -0700

Ok sorry you are right that does sound confusing. When I log into rman catalog from the command line these old backups do not show up. But from EM where I configured it to use the catalog and I navigate to Availability --> Backup and Recovery --> Backup Reports, it shows these old backups. I am not sure what EM is doing different than a list backup from the command line. When I changed EM to not use the catalog then the old backups do not show up. Does this make more sense.

Reset logs has not happend for many years and no the DBID or the DB_NAME has not changed.