Upgrade 11g to 12c - recyclebin

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 11:11:34 -0600

I can't get logged into MOS right now, so I'm posting my questions here. I am preparing to upgrade an 11.2.0.4 database to 12.1.0.2. The preupgrd.sql script returned the following error:

ERROR: --> RECYCLE_BIN not empty.

     Your recycle bin contains 64 object(s).
     It is REQUIRED that the recycle bin is empty prior to upgrading.
     Immediately before performing the upgrade, execute the following
     command:
       EXECUTE dbms_preup.purge_recyclebin_fixup;

When I select a count from the recyclebin or dba_recyclebin, it returns 0. I went ahead and executed the statement. I then reran the preupgrd.sql script. It showed the same error. I ran the preupgrade_fixups.sql script and reran the preupgrd.sql script. It still shows the same error. The executions to purge the recyclebin said they were successful.

What am I missing? Do I really need to rerun the preupgrd.sql script? Am I looking in the wrong place for the count? This is the only error I had for this database.

--

Sandy
GHX

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Aug 28 2015 - 19:11:34 CEST