Re: unrecoverable datafiles ?

From: Chris King <ckaj111_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 14:03:05 +0000

I ran the backup validate command on the standby. Lots of output, but no corruption found on the standby. Also I did a select from v$database_block_corruption when done and it returned no rows. So I have to conclude that the standby database is okay.... but then why does this query, on both primary and standby, still return five rows with Jan/Feb dates?

select file#,unrecoverable_time, unrecoverable_change# from v$datafile whereunrecoverable_time is not null;

Is it possible that the standby is sound but the production/primary database is not?

Thanks all!

      From: Chris King <ckaj111_at_yahoo.ca>  To: Oracle-l Digest Users <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>; "oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk" <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>  Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2015 9:39 AM  Subject: Re: unrecoverable datafiles ?

Am I correct then to assume that if I rebuild the standby database that the primary database will no longer list the five datafiles from January/February as unrecoverable? Or do I have a potential issue with the primary database here?

Some history:  When building the standby, I did force logging on the primary. I do not recall if that was before or after the Jan/Feb timeframe.

I will run the rman verification commands to see what happens.. Thanks all!