RE: Extended RAC on SE

From: Sweetser, Joe <JSweetser_at_icat.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 23:33:48 +0000

Check out Doc ID 220970.1 on MOS/metalink (old school ☺ ).

Short answer is yes but there are a few restrictions.

Hth,
-joe

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Fernando Andrade Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:23 PM
To: Oracle-L Group <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Extended RAC on SE

Hi I recieved an extrange request for a client. He wants a extended RAC on SE, I have found this reference googling: http://isu.ifmo.ru/docs/doc111/license.111/b28287/editions.htm "Extended or stretch clusters are not supported with Standard Edition and Oracle RAC. An Extended or stretch cluster is defined as "A cluster where all nodes are not located in the same room"

I havent found this paragraph in the documentation provided by Oracle nor in 11.1, 11.2 or 12.1.

Any one with more information? Thanks
FJA
--

Fernando Jose Andrade
http://www.fjandrade.com

Confidentiality Note: This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, disclose, distribute or take any action based on this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message. Although ICAT, Underwriters at Lloyd's, Syndicate 4242, scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Thank you.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Aug 26 2015 - 01:33:48 CEST

Original text of this message