Weird issue with a PACKAGE in 11g

From: Marcos Colmenares H. <mcolmenares_at_newtechsistemas.com.ve>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 16:42:01 -0430

Good Day,

We've been experiencing waht seems to be a bug with a certain package, but because of the way it presents itself im not sure if its really a sole occurence.

We have a package named A with an internal procedure called D (a.d). It works as intended and when we query invalid or not compiled objects everything seems OK.

Then one of the logs shows us an error message like so

*ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called** a.d*

when we re-check for invalid objects (SELECT * FROM all_objects WHERE owner='xxxxx' AND status='INVALID';), everything seems fine and i see no indications of any error whatsoever, but around a month ago trying to fix the issue when it first appeared i decided to re-compile the package just to try if that fixed it, and it did. The re-compilation works without a hitch when the error occurs but its a production enviroment and now its happening on the testing enviroments as well without any indication as to why and to be honest im runing out of ideas.

Any of you had a similar situation happen to you?

Best Regards,

Marcos Colmenares H

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Aug 25 2015 - 23:12:01 CEST

Original text of this message