RE: Using x$ tables in production

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 14:52:52 -0400

precisely. That is why I bothered to write:

If you go beyond view contents of existing v$ view you expose (or to users that currently don’t get v$ view access), then you have entered the “tread carefully and it is all your own fault” zone.

mwf

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Rich J Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:26 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: Using x$ tables in production

On 2015/08/25 12:32, Mark W. Farnham wrote:

So, my advice is avoid this unless you need to for a reason, and my evidence that it does not necessarily cause harm per se is that x$ tables are referenced and exposed via some v$ views already.

Viewing V$ views is unlikely to cause the symptoms of an instance hang. X$ views are a different beast. Some, like X$KSMSP, have the ability to cause severe issues (info courtesy of Tanel's blog).

Tread very carefully.

Rich